Shipper & Receiver
The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for the shipment of goods including packaging, customs documentation and arranging incoming and outgoing transport. You will also be responsible for expediting purchase orders and reviewing jobs for material shortages.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains accurate export documentation including customs forms and NAFTA certificates, identifies HS tariff numbers and country of origin where required.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to customs requirements and Government Regulations.
- Coordinates and assists with the appropriate packaging of goods for shipment including creation of packing slips and identification of boxes/crates and their contents to ensure protection of goods during transport.
- Arranges freight to global locations using appropriate modes as requested by others to meet the specified delivery times.
- Resolves all import / export customs and freight issues to minimize delays.
- Selects and negotiates with appropriate transportation suppliers to obtain competitive pricing.
- Stays current in Canadian and International export/import regulations and company procedures.
- Interacts closely with Production, Project Managers and Purchasing to coordinate shipments (incoming and outgoing).
- Supports Quality Management Systems and promotes and drives an environment of continuous improvement.
- Performing receiving duties including unloading of trucks and visually inspecting receipts against Purchase Order to ensure correct part and quantity is received and without damage. Verifying receipt of required documentation including but not limited to Quality Documentation, MSDS sheets and expedites when missing.
- Identify parts and kits in appropriate job/inventory bin.
- Maintaining and kitting WIP parts by job, in an organized manner, to facilitate easy access for assembly and/or shipment.
- Maintaining cleanliness and general housekeeping within the stockroom and warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Experienced Forklift Driver.
- Minimum of 3 years experience required in preparation of customs documentation for international exports.
- Knowledge of customs compliance procedures and Canadian government regulations.
- Experienced with NAFTA and US customs regulations and familiar with how to access international regulations for other exports to ensure compliance.
- Minimum of 3 years experience required working with transportation companies and freight forwarders for ground, air and sea freight including oversize shipments.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES
- Strong team player and willing to step in and assist others.
- Familiar with transportation of dangerous goods.
- Effective problem solving skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and spoken) in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
- Fast paced environment with priorities that often change.
- Office and warehouse environment.
- Physically demanding – standing, walking, lifting.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Shipper/ Receiver” in the email subject line.
For more information, please research us at www.advancedcyclotron.com
Due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We kindly ask no telephone calls please.